Marshfield Clinic Health System provides charitable contributions, sponsorships and in-kind gifts to organizations who help to enrich lives and improve the health an well-being of the communities we serve.
Types of charitable gifts
Definition: Monetary gift to non-profits and other organizations whose mission, objectives, goals and initiatives concur with Marshfield Clinic Health System.
Definition: Donation of door prizes and give-away items to support a community event or fundraiser.
Definition: Financial support of a community event or fundraiser in exchange for Marshfield Clinic Health System advertising and/or logo placement.
Marshfield Clinic Health System will consider national, statewide, regional and local/community requests.
Organizations seeking funding must focus on at least one of the following:
- Identified community heath needs
- Marshfield Clinic Health System health priorities
- Health and wellness in their community
- Improving the quality of life and safety in their community
- Addressing a need of a target population in the communities served
- Aligning with Marshfield Clinic Health System's mission, vision and community needs assessment
- Complementing Marshfield Clinic Health System's goal of corporate responsibility
Organizations, events and activities not eligible for sponsorships or charitable gifts include but are not limited to:
- Individual or family benefit
- Organizations in direct competition with Marshfield Clinic Health System or its owned-entities
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Labor and fraternal organizations
- Individual churches or religious activities for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine
- For-profit organizations
- Contests or pageants
- Students raising funds for travel to competitions or events
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Requests for employee matching funds
- Foundations that are primarily grant-making agencies
- Trips, tours and transportation
- General operating expenses
- Organizations that deny service, membership or other involvement on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status.
To further support our vision of building healthy communities, Marshfield Clinic Health System expects that any event that receives support will:
- Offer healthy food options if food is provided
- Be tobacco free
- Be compliant with any applicable state laws and/or local ordinances
- Promote responsible use if alcohol is served
Charitable gift criteria are at the discretion of Marshfield Clinic Health System Community Engagement and subject to change at any time.